Labels

Babes. (3) Blessings (2) crafts (6) Daily toil (1) Food (3) other (5) sewing (2) treats (1)

Wednesday 11 December 2013

DIY Star

Miss Muffet decided we needed a star on the top of our tree and not an angel so we made one.
Materials needed
cardboard (a cereal box would work well)
scissors
hot glue gun/ glue sticks
white glue
glitter
 
 it does not give sizes so I guessed my big pieces were 12' by 3.5
small 6' by 2.25'
since I wanted it 3D I cut 4 big and 8 little
I pressed the scissors gently down the center of the pieces (do not cut through) so I could bend them in the middle.
I also made a base that the tree could slip into and hold it up I made it like this

then hot glued it in a cylinder
 sorry I failed to measure this piece :(
I then hot glued a big diamond on each side and together
I realized I needed to modify the next two big pieces to work so I cut a triangle on each side in the middle of each. then hot glued them in the center of the ones on the base (one on each side).
 
after this I hot glued the little diamonds in the open spaces on both sides matching them up. (I had to trim a small amount off one side to make it fit right)
once the hot glue is cool it is ready for finishing touches...
spread white glue all over (I did one side at a time.)
then glitter
 
you might wish for the one side to dry before flipping to the next.
and ta-da!!!!!! 
 
 
a beautiful 3D star... now I have to set up the tree.
Merry Christmas!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment