Labels

Babes. (3) Blessings (2) crafts (6) Daily toil (1) Food (3) other (5) sewing (2) treats (1)

Monday 22 July 2013

tv stand to play kitchen

From tv stand to play kitchen
I found this really sturdy tv stand and decided to make it into a play kitchen like i have seen done on pinterest.
Pinned Image
looking at it I figured I could do that with a little imagination I could make it work so I started by making plans...
It took me a few different ideas before I seddled on this one I didn't want to make the whole middle area a oven because my kids were climbing in and out and I didn't want them thinking that climbing in the oven was fun so I added a divider with shelving.
I decided I could use all the wood from the unit (shelf inside) and needed a few scraps we had around the house for the oven door and divider.
Once I got the divider in I started painting.
I decided I wanted a Marble look on the top.
I made a post on marbling so you can check that out if you want to know how I did it.
next I began finishing touches painting in the oven, and the elements, making a tap and knobs and putting the doors on... it's a little more work than I had planned but it's looking good and I could never afford a nice little kitchen like this so it's worth it :)
I made the taps and knobs out of wood because I didn't know what else to use and I think it turned out well.


I think if I was to do this again I  will just paint the burners on instead of cutting wooden ones out.
I attached the knobs with a bolt and two nuts

 
The kids love it and have been enjoying playing with it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment